Monday, April 23, 2007

Weather

I just looked at the weather forecast for both Nashville and OKC this weekend.

Now, I am trying to figure out why.

Is it going to make any difference knowing the weather versus just showing up.

If it is raining, will I just choose not to run? Probably not.

If it is too cold, do you think they are going to cancel the race? Nope.

Will the weather change how I pack. Absolutely not. I ran in a tank top and shorts in Phoenix earlier this year and it was 29 at the start of the race. There isn't any chance of it being below 40 in either Nashville or OKC next week so I wouldn't expect to run in anything but shorts and tank top. And I really can't dress any lighter without becoming "the marathon streaker".

But it is supposed to be sunny and in the upper 70s or lower 80s both places. That is perfect weather for a baseball game, sitting out on a patio drinking beer, or even a 5K. But it is a little warm for a marathon.

So all looking at the weather did was make me worry about dehydration, third-degree sunburns and death.

OK, death may be a little over-dramatic as I won't be pushing mysef to the point where that becomes an issue.

But as I said above, it won't change anything else I will be doing in preparation. So essentially, I just wasted 5 minutes checking out forecast.

Well, it did change one thing.

I will be packing sunscreen.

And not only will I be packing it, but I may even put some on.

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Happy running Kevin!!! hope to see you in OKC.

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home