Thursday, April 05, 2007

Opening Day. Running. Working

I love my crazy, messed up, always life.

It's never slow. It's never boring.

Some times it's hard to fit everything into a day. A week. A month.

April appears to be one of those months. But I'm trying to get my training in. And work. And find some time to have some fun.

Monday was opening day at Kaufman Stadium. It was sunny and 80. KC was playing Boston. Courtney tracked us down club level seats b/t home plate and third base. The Royals won. It couldn't have been a better day and a great break from reality.

Tuesday, my 6 mile run was tough. I was up late celebrating the Royals victory and Courtney had the pleasure of trying on a Red Sox 2004 world championship ring (it was pretty impressive) when we met a couple of guys that work for the Red Sox television network at Kelley's after the game.

Wednesday, I finally felt like I was getting caught up with everything. I even thought about getting some yardwork in after my swim.

Unfortunately, the weathermen didn't cooperate and I refuse to do yardwork when it's colder than 40 outside. So I put it off until the weekend. If anyone needs a good place to hide Easter eggs, my backyard would be ideal. Of course, small children may also get lost during the hunt.

Speaking of which, I am excited about this weekend, if for no other reason than it is relatively wide open. With the exception of a couple of 10-mile sort-of-long runs and a couple hours devoted to taxes, there really isn't much set in stone.

It will be a much needed, but presumably short-lived, break. I may even find time to watch the Masters. Or I might sneak out to Kaufman to catch an afternoon game on Saturday. Maybe I will go to the theater and catch a movie.

Or maybe, and just maybe, I will knock a few inches off my yard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home