Sunday, April 01, 2007

38.9 miles and still kicking.

Yes, I know and you know that number should be 41.2 miles. I shorted myself 2.3 miles today. I was supposed to run 15 miles today, but only made it to 12.7.

Why.

Because at 12.8 there was a big hill.

And I had no desire to run up a big hill.

Plus it was windy and I had been running up a gradual incline the entire time. My calf felt like it was going to cramp at any time and I was out of energy.

I should have been taking GU. I had it on me. I just didn't mess with it. By mile 10, I was out of energy. I ate some sports beans at that point which gave me a little boost, but I still decided to call it a day before the big hill.

My pace today was just under a 12-minute mile, which was kind of funny, because that was my average pace in the Olathe Marathon yesterday.

This marathon, for a lack of a better word, was boring. If not for the worms and dead frogs on the road, I may have lost my mind. Oh, and there was this little issue of the wind. It was howling out of the SW at 25+ MPH and it slowed me down. Other than that, it really was just a training run.

Tomorrow, I get to start running at 4:00 am to get my 10 miles in before work as I will be spending the afternoon at Royals Stadium welcoming in a new season of hope for my local baseball club. Good times!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home