Thursday, March 29, 2007

I guess I'll stop my bitching

OK, remeber a couple days ago, was complaining about how I was supposed to rest for a couple days.

Well....Um....Huh...

Someone just got their training schedule for next month.

I take back everything I said.

I love the idea of a couple of rest days.

Evidently, training for back to back marathons takes running a several consecutive days.

And not just a mile or two.

Go figure!

My schedule for the next 10 days...

Fri - rest
Sat - run 26.2 * Olathe marathon
Sun - run 15 * Brew to brew relay
Mon - run 10 *Royals home opener
Tues - run 6
Wed - swim 1 mile and lift weights
Thurs - run 6
Fri - run 6
Sat - run 10
Sun - rest *at least I get Easter off

I know people who don't drive that far in a week.

But searching for a bright side, I guess I won't have to worry much about consuming a few extra calories at Taco Bueno next week.

3 Comments:

Blogger Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Ha! I am one of those people who doesn't drive that far in a week!

Maybe you can get Taco Bueno to sponsor you on your mission :-)

5:14 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

compared to your mileage this weekend, you might as well consider the 6 mile days as rest days.

how'd the marathon go? i would've stuck around to see you finish, but i had things to do. (ie: come home and take a nap)

2:53 PM  
Blogger a.maria said...

sorry i totally cut you off on the phone yesterday... there was a really hot guy situation that i needed to give my full attention to.

and hey.. a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!

nice sched.... but i do NOT envy that. i'm much happier switching it up with the bike and the run. you'll have to come join us one of these days.

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home