Monday, March 26, 2007

Two days of nothingness

I am about to tackle my longest training weekend in preparation for my back-to-back marathons in the end of April. I get to run a "training run" marathon in Olathe this Saturday and then will run approximately 15 miles of the brew-to-brew relay on Sunday.

Essentially, it is the inverse Goofy Challenge.

Amazingly, I think I am ready for it.

But, as Tom Petty once said, "the waiting is the hardest part".

As part of the waiting, I have had back-to-back rest days. Now anyone that knows anything about me knows the worst thing you can do to me is tell me not to do anything for 48 hours. I thrive on the endorphins that come from running, etc. When I rest, I get grouchy.

Still, I thought I did pretty good resting. Yesterday, the only I did that might be remotely considered "not resting" is play 2 hours of pretty intense tennis. Tonight, I trimmed all the shrubs in my yard and took down a 20 foot tall tree in my back yard (and fortunately, this time I took the tree out without the benefit of a chainsaw slicing my leg open resulting in some 20-odd stitches which did happen the last time I tackled a similar project).

So all in all, I think I have done a decent job resting AND avoiding injury.

1 Comments:

Blogger a.maria said...

hey... our gym, Ironworx, is under new management. we're having a big open house in a few weeks one sunday morning, from like 9-12 for people to come check it out for free. you should come! i'm gunna put the word out to other TNT'ers, but it'll be fun. :)~

and you should join KCMultiSport and come do bikes and swims and stuff! my running's GREATLY improved because of all of it!

you know you wanna!

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home