Thursday, March 22, 2007

Rocky Mountain High

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted.

Sorry.

Life has been happening.

Between March Madness, St. Patrick's Day, TNT fundraisers and a little family ski vacation to Beaver Creek, I just haven't had the time.

But that all changes this weekend. I am in taper mode for the Olathe Marathon and all I really have to do is watch basketball, clean my house and do my taxes. So that should leave me plenty of time to write about an incredible long and fun St. Pats Day and skiing in 60 degree weather.

But before I get back to the game, I need to know the answer to the following question.

If I run 6.2 miles in the mountains at 9500 feet, how many miles is would that equal in Kansas City?

4 Comments:

Blogger Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

I say that's good for 10 at least!

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

6.2 miles

5:09 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Doug, you suck. Even Koach Karl acknowledged said I can add about 25% to my total miles at that high altitude.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

yeah at least 10 miles. 11.4 miles to be exact.
1 extra mile for every thousand feet above 5280 ft. so that was a rise in elevation of 4220 feet, which would be 4.2 extra miles. add in another mile for the time zone change.
6.2 + 4.2 + 1 = 11.4 miles
good job.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home