Monday, March 12, 2007

The Gym

OK, many of you know the part of training I like the least is working out at the gym.

Any time I am at the gym lifting, the only thing I can really think about is the scene in Fletch where Fletch F Fletch tells the two dectctives "Hey, why don't you guys go down to the gym and pump each other."

I laugh at the meatheads in the gym. And I mock them because I can. I just don't have any desire to do culs with 100 pound dumbells. Of course, they would probably say the same about marathons and triathons.

But at least I get to train outside.

Inside sucks. Give me sun and fresh air any day.

Face it. Lifting weights is boring. Running on a treadmill is boring. The eliptical is boring. Why anyone would want to spend 10 minutes, let alone an hour at the gym on a day like today blows my mind. Swimming is only fun because there is that built in danger of drowning .

Today was sunny and 70. It was a little breezy, but other than that, it was perfect. It was perfect for running, biking, taking Shiner to the dog park, spending a couple hours on a patio at the local bar and grill with friends, and, well, going to the gym.

I managed to squeeze in a 3 mile run and a 2 mile walk in the dogpark. I even let Shiner get in the lake. Then, after eating a big healthy chicken salad for dinner (which I am sure will be blogged about again tomorrow after my 4 miles of hills), I forced myself up to the gym for a 1/2 hour of fun and exciing lifting dumbbells over my head and crunching my abs together repeatedly.

And speaking of abs, this brings up my burning questions of the night. Do crunches make any one else out there in blogland fart?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home