Sunday, April 08, 2007

77 miles and still kicking

So my longest week of running is over.
Training is past it's peak.
77 mile of running
All in one week.
There wasn't much to see
There not much to tell.
So I guess I'll make up some stuff.
What the hell.

I saw squirrels.
And a bird or two.
There were some deer by the creek.
But I didn't see anything new.

But what if the deer were zebras
and the birds were bald eagles.
Oh, I passed some midgets
Walking their beagles.
That's much more interesting.
It's much more fun.
Than seeing just squirrles and birds
As I run and run.

I also saw a bobcat chasing a rabbit
and was attacked by a copperhead.
I was luckier than the rabbit
I didn't wind up dead.

The Olathe marathon
Traveled on roads
That were covered with worms
And countless dead toads.
As I raced to the finish line,
an airplane appeared.
And dumped out confetti
while everyone cheered.

So that is my story
I'm sticking to it.
Some of it's true.
But some is just shit.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

haha...nice. wow, kevin, i had NO idea you were so artistic and poetic. keep this up and you could write a book. probably only your family and a few fellow runners would buy it, but still....write a book someday. and watch out for snakes.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Egads! Snakes! I am not going to complain about the brazen squirrels in Champaign-Urbana ever again.

4:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home