Monday, May 08, 2006

OKC Pics

Pics, finally. I can't wait for the comments!!!

Pre-race smiles. That is the Oklahoma memorial in the background. Boy, do I look happy!!!

I almost look too happy.




















Here is the marathon start. I am not in this picture so don't waste a lot of time looking for me.




















Because I am running so fast.

I am just a blur




























The tree in the background is known as the "Survivor Tree". It was at ground zero the day the bomb exploded, but somehow managed to survive. It has become a symbol of hope for OKC. Its image is also found on the medal.



Running past the state capitol was fun.

Did you know that the entire time I lived in Oklahoma, the capitol was missing the dome. It was finally added to the capitol building a few years ago.
















Here we are running around Lake Hefner. I am still running with Gina at this point. We are approaching mile 14, where I send her off on her own.



















My niece is running towards me at mile 20. I am pretty sure, at this point, she is running faster than me.





















And here are my niece and nephew giving me some words of encouragement. I think their words were "Go faster. We're hungry and we can't get lunch until you are done".














So I am sprinting towards the finish line. Look at those amazingly long strides.




















And crossing the finish line!!!





Finally!



What a great run




Here is the medal. It is still my favorite design to date. The Goofy medal was neat, don't get me wrong, but this one has class.



"Honor - Celebrate - Reach - Unite - A Run To Remember"

Good Times!

4 Comments:

Blogger Josh Dysart said...

Nice pictures Kevin! and again, congratulations!

9:30 PM  
Blogger a.maria said...

AWESOME medal! very very cool.

i love this.. "Go faster. We're hungry and we can't get lunch until you are done".

ahhh to be a spectator!!

great pics. you def'ly are too happy in that first one though. i agree! ;)

6:26 AM  
Blogger a.maria said...

hee hee. i love those long strides too. its funny to see how much running turns into shuffling down the street at the end of a tough run!

er. in your case.. MARATHON!

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home