Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Bike Update

So I took the bike to the store over lunch and they fixed it.

Apparently, my superfast wheels didn't necessarily fit perfectly into my superfast wheels. The divit in the tire was a result of the tire beads not being set just perfectly.

So, the bike repair dude takes out this tool that resembles, for a lack of better description, a giant tooth extractor. And then he takes the inflated tire and just starts wiggling and pulling on it.

As he is tugging on the tire, he explained to me what happened.

I ask, "so could this happen if I have to change a tire while riding."

His response "yep".

Nothing more.

No, "well and if it does, this is how you can fix it if you are stuck in the middle of no where."

Great. I am now wondering if I need to buy the giant tooth extractor and find a way to strap it on my bike.

But I did take the bike out for a quick spin after my 3-mile recover run and, holy crap, it was heavanly. I think at one point, I coasted for 1/4 mile. Effortless peddling.

Wow!

Nothing to complain about here.

Well, there are going to have to be some minor adjustments to the seat and handlebars as the seat was jabbing into, well, you know.

And speaking of the first post-marathon run, it went great. I was a little stiff at first, but loosened up nicely.

Three miles.

11:01, 10:50, 10:39.

2 Comments:

Blogger a.maria said...

nice recovery run speedy!

6:33 AM  
Blogger Josh Dysart said...

Glad to hear you got your bike fixed. I'm sure his response was rather irritating though.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home