Friday, April 21, 2006

Bicentennial Quarters and Good Fortune

When I was a kid, I would always call Grandpa Charlie when I lost a tooth so he could “whistle the tooth fairy”. And then, after I went to bed, the tooth fairy replaced my lost tooth with not just any quarter, but a shiny, new, bicentennial quarter. To this day, I still have the bicentennial quarter for every lost tooth.

In addition, the bicentennial quarter has become synonymous with good fortune. When I find one, good things happen.

At Chipotle yesterday, I received a bicentennial quarter with my change.

And my day rocked.

I ate Chipotle. Granted, the “naked burrito” isn’t nearly as good as my usual, but it was better than some of the other things I have been eating

The new Nike outlet store opened out by the Kansas Speedway. Seriously, it was awesome. For all you KC people, all their dry-fit, summer running gear is at least $10 off of the price you find at Dick’s. And with the Adidas store just down from Nike, I may never have to set foot in Dick’s again. And that makes me happy

My run yesterday was nearly perfect.

Perfect weather. Sunny. 70 degrees. Light wind

Perfect scenery. I love the Spring. Everything is coming to life and adding color to those wooded paths I run..

Perfect run. I set out to run no slower than 10:30 miles for the three miles scheduled. But it got better.

Mile 1: 10:10 – feeling good.
Mile 2: 9:52 – holy crap, I'm flying. Is Garmin off?
Mile 3: 9:40 – Wow

Perfect timing. My run ended to these lyrics. Yes, I have The Muppets music on the i-pod. Is that a crime?

Movin' right along in search of good times and good news,
With good friends, you can't lose, This could become a habit.
Opportunity knocked once, let's reach out and grab it,
Together we'll nab it. We'll hitch-hike, bus, or yellow cab it.

Movin' right along, foot-loose and fancy free.

Gettin' there is half the fun; come share it with me.
Movin' right along (doog-a-doon, doog-a-doon)
We'll learn to share the load.
We don't need a map to keep this show on the road.

Movin' right along we found a life on the highway,

And your way is my way, so trust my navigation.
California here we come, that pie-in-the-sky land.
Palm trees and warm sand, though sadly we just left Rhode Island.

Love that song!

Like I said, A near perfect day.

Was it because of the bicentennial quarter?

Probably not.

But you can’t ignore the coincidence.

1 Comments:

Blogger a.maria said...

lol. nice.

the only thing better than muppets?

FRAGGLES!!!!!!!!!

hells yeah man. and nice job on the 3!!

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home