Sunday, April 16, 2006

2 weeks to OKC

So here I am, two weeks from the Oklahoma Memorial Marathon and I finally have a race day game-plan.

You see, I need to treat this as a training run. I am running RNR-SD in June and really want to kick butt there. But I also want to beat last years time at OKC (5:23).

Are both possible?

You bet.

And here is here is how.

I am going to run the first 20 miles (my "scheduled" training distance for SD) with Gina, who is hoping to run the sub 5-hour marathon - my goal for SD. I will run with her at a 10:45 - 10:55 pace. At the 20 mile point, I will see how I am feeling. If I am still strong, I will keep the pace and finish with Gina. If I am struggling, I will run-walk the last 6 miles, maintaining about a 12:30 pace and will easily finish in under 5:20. And be ready for SD, just 5 weeks later.

Oh, and I just got my new "meal plan" from Koach Karl. Anyone want to take a stab at what a "naked burrito" is.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

....I would guess it means no cheese and therefore not worth eating.

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No tortilla?

If that's it, are the fajitas at gobbler grind doomed? Those fajitas are legendary!

6:29 AM  
Blogger a.maria said...

ohhhh man. i just went grocery shopping last night so i'm looking at a healthy week of food.

its gunna suck.

that being said... holy crap you have a marathon in 2 weeks?!?!!

thats nuts! you'll do awesome. breaking five in SD is going to be cake.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home