Monday, April 10, 2006

Biking "Koach Karl" Miles

So I got my first official triathlon training schedule over the weekend. I was amazed that I was only supposed to bike 10 miles when I bike this week.

10 miles?!?

Back when I was a kid, I used to bike down the Arkansas River trails in Tulsa with my grandpa and all my cousins. The shortest ride we ever did was 12 miles. And I was 10 years old.

Come on.

I AM AN ENDURANCE ATHLETE.

I run a long ways.

For fun!

I play marathon matches of tennis with friends

And I enjoy it!

I spend hours in the summer playing volleyball in the sand multiple nights a week.

You have to drag me away at the end of the night.

And all I am supposed to bike is 10 miles!?!

So then I started thinking. How can I sneak in 12, 14 or even 16 miles. And then it hit me. With Koach Karl as my trainer, I think I am supposed to do everything in "Koach Karl" miles.

SWEET!

So how far did I go. 10 miles, of course.

My average pace for those 10 miles - 16.8 miles per hour

My time for those 10 miles - 56:20

Nothing like biking 10 miles...hehe (seriously, that's funny if you take the time to actually calculate how far I really biked and still called it 10 miles). Of course, the first 1/2 of the ride was straight into a 25 mile an hour wind and kicked my butt!!!

And on a somewhat related note. This morning, I sent Karl the list of everything I ate and drank since last Wednesday so he could do an analysis of my diet. His only response "I will get back to you on your nutrition"

Yikes!

Perhaps I should post it here as well and let you all help me with the pending changes!

And I probably should have picked a week where I didn't have social obligations on Thursday (Barley's until 1:30 am), Friday (First Friday's until 12:30 am) and Saturday (wine tasting party until 12:00 am). Oh well. At least now Karl knows what he is getting into with me.

3 Comments:

Blogger a.maria said...

are you going to the happy hour TNT fund raiser thursday?

scratch that. YOU ARE going to the happy hour TNT fundraiser thursday.

check out running erin's blog for details. DO IT.

and where did you bike, btw... cuz the downtown airport sucks big donkey balls, i can't DEAL with getting blown over sideways while i'm still learning to flipping shift! guh!

7:33 PM  
Blogger a.maria said...

go here..

http://themarathondiaries.blogspot.com/

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What roads are you taking for the training? I have to be out of town this week but if you're riding around OP let me know.

timo at everestkc.net

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home