Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I GOT to run today

For so much of the summer, my training schedule defined my life. I didn't work out because I wanted to. If there was a bike ride on the schedule, I rode. If it said swim, I swam. And yep, the only time I ran was when the schedule said "run".

Well, things are different, now. Thirty mile bike rides and 1.5 mile swims are not dictating my training. Don't get me wrong. I didn't mind the structure that was summer. At some point, I will be returning to that insane training schedule. For a while, however, I am going to mix things up a little. And that starts with running.

I am going to mix speed workouts with distance. Hills with flats. But most importantly, I am going to run to have fun.

I did this on Saturday.

And I did this today.

The weather turned today. The first true cold front of the fall blew through and the temperatures plummeted. There was a light rain/drizzle falling.

This can only mean one thing. It's shorts and long-sleeve shrt weather. And I love running in shorts and a long-sleeve shirt. Drop the temps a few more degrees and I will trade my Adidas visor in for a dry-fit stocking cap.

Today I ran just 3 miles. But it was three hard, fast miles. There were hills and speed intervals mixed in. I ran hard when I felt good. I backed off when I needed to recover.

Today was perfect.

I have a good feeling that tomorrow will be even better.

And this weekend, off the charts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home