Thursday, September 28, 2006

I'm not really MIA

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have suceeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

It's been a couple of days since I have posted. It wasn't by design. It's not because I am devistated and hiding from everyone. It is because I have been swamped. I got back into KC at 3:00 Monday afternoon and was at work from 5 to 10 Monday night. Tuesday, after working 8 hours, I went for a swim and then took Shiner out to the dogpark before going back to work from 9 pm to 5 am. Yesterday, I slept, did some much needed housework, went to the gym and then off to play volleyball.

So yes, it has been a crazy week. And tomorrow, it doesn't get any better as my boss has been out of town this week and I am doing his job and my job and playing catch-up from being gone and will probably be staying late (again).

Even with all the chaos, I have been getting in some workouts. I swam 20 minutes and then ran trails for about a mile with Shiner at the dogpark. Yesterday, I ran a warm-up mile on the treadmill and did some weight training. Today, I did 4 miles of hill training. If things go well, I will hit the spinning class at the gym before work tomorrow.

I am absolutely amazed at how fast my body has bounced back.

It feels great!

1 Comments:

Blogger Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Overachiever! I generally would say that after an Ironman that you are at least allowed to take a week off! Although it is hard to stop training...

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home