Sunday, September 10, 2006

tailgating sans the beer (not really)

Even in tailgating, I find myself on the healthy side of life. And it doesn't even suck that bad.

Todays' Chief tailgate menu included shrimp gumbo and cajun chicken sandwiches. Not the normal high-fat, high calorie selection normally found across the Arrowhead parking lot, but, damnit, I really do make the best cajun sandwiches this side of what's left of New Orleans.

I like it spicy. And I forget that some people can't handle the spice. Oops. But no one complained.

The gumbo was a new adventure which turned out tasty as well.

It is almost sad. I love the tailgate. Almost more than the game itself. And it kills me that I am finding joy in the healthy side of tailgating.

Sure, the sixer of Corona I put away in the 2.5 hours of tailgating b/f the Chief's game probably wasn't ideal 2 weeks before Ironman, but, hey, considering that this is the first time I have put away a six-pack in the past 4 months, well, it was inevitable. I have plenty of time to sober up.

sigh.

I miss beer.

Oh, and if anyone out there is interested in going to a Chief's game, let me know. It is going to be a long season.

2 Comments:

Blogger Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

I consider beer to be carbo-loading and hydration all rolled into one!

7:09 PM  
Blogger a.maria said...

lol. i wanna go i wanna go!

we did not equal stellar yesterday. boo that.

and a 6-pack huh? i beat that with... saturday: 4 glasses of wine. followed by 3 glasses of rasp. stoli/sprite. followed by 2 beers.

i cannot describe to you the level of hang-overness i experienced sunday. brutal.

2 weeks dude?! thats so crazy.

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home