Saturday, September 09, 2006

Tired and Hungry

Yes, I konw, I haven't posted much this week.

Why?

Well, if I wasn't at work, I was working out.

If I wasn't at work or working out, I was eating.

If I wasn't at work, working out, or eating, I was sleeping.

And really, if I may have spent more time eating than working, working out, or sleeping.

So, as you can see, with such a hectic schedule, when was I supposed to find time to blog.

Seriously, I think I have eaten more this past week than any other week in my life.

And I still dropped 2 lbs.

My metabolism is definitely in high gear.

I think I have slept more than I have in any one week over the past several years as well. More than once, I planned on waking up early to get a swim in or simply head into work a little early. Never happened.

Evidently, that 100 mile bike ride on Monday really knocked me out. My legs, surprisingly weren't sore. They were definitely tired, though. It really felt like I have been walking around on marble pillars last week.

Today, it was supposed to be a 18 mile run, but it got knocked down to a 14 miler simply because my legs had not fully recovered. Hopefully the ice bath I took today and a day of rest tomorrow will finally get the legs back to normal.

It is a light week this week as taper is in full swing. This may be the first time I enjoy taper. I really think, physically, I will be as ready as I will ever be for Ironman.

But only if I give my body its much-deserved rest.

With that said, I am hitting the couch for a nap.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i saw you running this morning!!!

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home