Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The calm before the storm before the taper

"The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare."Juma Ikangaa, Tanzanian marathoner

Today, it was the calm before the storm before the taper

So I rested.

And played 2 hours of the best sand volleyball better this summer.

I really hustled after the ball. I was diving. I was jumping. I hit the ball hard. My serves were solid. I was sweating. My heartrate was up.

It is funny how much better I can be on the beach if I DON'T run 3-6 miles in 100 degree weather prior to voleyball.

And speaking of the weather. I think the heat has finally left us for the summer.

Damn, there goes that excuse for running slow.

Anyway, the next 5 days are going to really push me, capped off by a 16-18 mile run on Saturday and a 100 mile ride and 6 mile run on Monday. That and 3-4 ice baths.

And then the 23 days of taper start.

23 days of taper.

Taper drives me crazy!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

Ooooooooh...taper time. The best of times and the worst of times.

Hang in there...it'll all be over soon!

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home