Monday, September 18, 2006

Four days of waiting, anticipating

Really, this is kind of strange.

I really don't have much to say.

Saturday is Redman.

It is my first triathlon and I'm going for it all.

Why mess around with the Sprint, Olympic, or 1/2 iron distance.

When I signed onto this crazy idea, my coach told me more than once that there is no shame in a 1/2 ironman. I am pretty sure he was trying to convince me to start simple. Build up my distances. Shoot for the full iron-distance once I get a race or two under my belt.

Sure. Most people work that way.

Only, I am not "most people".

I don't dangle my toe in the water to check the temperature before jumping in.

Nope.

I just jump in.

Once I make up my mind, there is no looking back.

There's no looking back!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Josh Dysart said...

You are going to kick ass this weekend! I was originally planning on coming down to cheer you all on, but I can't. Sorry. Good luck!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Shannan said...

Yep, no turning back now. The anticipation is killing me. We'll both be Ironmen (ok, technically Redmen) by this time next week. I know you'll do great!

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home