Tuesday, September 19, 2006

My bike has a name!!!!!!

It took 5 months and I was getting worried that my bike would never have a name. I would simply be referring to her as "Really Fast Bike" for the rest of her useful life.

But this moring, going through the process of waking up, my mind just spinning thinking of all the things I had to get done before I head to OKC tomorrow morning, it hit me.

And I now know why I struggled with naming it. All along, I was looking for that right "human" name. Nothing seemed right. No single name captured the true spririt of the bike. No single name captured my feelings as I was riding her.

This morning, while lying in bed, I knew the what her name would be. None to soon as she makes her ironman triathlon debut Saturday. And it isn't a name, but an emotion.

The name captures the sum of all the experiences from the past 5 months of training.

From now on, my bike will no longer be referred to as "Really Fast Bike"

Today, she has a new name.

Determination

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck this weekend...

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck Kevin! Have a great time!

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous was me-KG...

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home