Wednesday, October 04, 2006

He no nuts, he crazy

Remember that scene in Indiana Jones in the Temple of Doom where Indy is getting ready to cut the rope bridge. Willie cried out "Is he nuts" and Shorty responded with his classic line "He no nuts, He crazy".

Well, I have to admit that I had one of those moments today.

It only lasted a couple of minutes, but this thought did cross my mind and I seriously considered going for it.

You see, I have 2 friends running their first marathon in KC this weekend. I, all along, have been planning on running the 1/2 as a training run for Vegas. Today, I had conversations with both of my friends. They were both going through the emotional roller coaster that we all went through prior to our first marathon. Part of me really wants to be there with them.

So today, I thought about blowing off the 1/2 marathon and just run the whole thing. Some how, I was convinced that there really isn't much difference between a 1/2 and full marathon.

OK, let's all say it together.

"He no nuts, he crazy!!!!"

Luckily, the insanity was short-lived and I am back on track for just the 1/2.

But understand, I am not registering until tomorrow, so there is still a possibility that I may venture back into that wonderful world called crazy.

And I may end up running 26.2 miles on Saturday.

Probably not.

But crazier things have happened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home