Thursday, June 08, 2006

I'm finally home

What a week.

Too much for one post, that's for sure

Many stories.

And to top off the vacation was a return trip that took 2o hours and an unplanned night in Phoenix because the stupid people at SW wouldn't let us switch to from a connecting flight to a direct flight even though there was space on the direct flight AND they knew our flight into Phoenix from SD was delayed.

But such is life.

As for the run, I didn't quite make the 5 hour goal. I hit the 21 mile marker in under 4 hours so all I had to do was run 12 minute miles the rest of the way to hit that mark. But for some reason, on the streets of SD last Sunday, that 5 hour mark didn't seem important any more. Instead, I just wanted to have fun. And that is what I did. I walked for a while with some of my KC team mates. I talked to people along the way. I laughed. I joked. I got passed by a man wearing a speedo and sombraro and nothing else. Good times.

I crossed the finish line in 5:05:04. And that was good enough for me. I shaved 15+ minutes off my PR (set at Disney in January) and ran almost 20 minutes faster than OKC 5 weeks ago.

Pictures and stories from the streets (and yes, bars) of SD to come.

It's just good to be home!

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

way to go Kevin!!! that's awesome you PR'd! i'm glad SD treated you well, hopefully i'll see you back out on saturday AM runs later this summer.

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home