Sunday, February 18, 2007

Finally, someone listens

As a Team in Training mentor, I am supposed to offer advice and assistance to a group of aspiring yong (and old) marathoners. Of course, I often wonder if my advice is in one ear, out the other.

But I now know the truth.

Like E.F. Hutton, when I talk, people listen.

I was sitting at Starbucks with most of my mentor group after the 10 mile run Saturday and one of them turns to me and says "Hey Kevin, I took your advice about Friday nights. Instead of staying out until midnight or so drinking with my friends before our Saturday morning runs, I get my drinking in at happy hour so I get to bed at a reasonable time - just like you told us to do."

Koach Karl heard that and rolled his eyes. Perfect.

2 Comments:

Blogger Josh Dysart said...

That is absolutely hilarious. Nice work!

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to know that when it comes to TNT, some things never change :)

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home