Monday, February 12, 2007

It's just rain!

OK, I ran to Sam's after a quick workout at the gym to pick up 2 oz plastic Jell-o shot containers for our findraiser-pub crawl Saturday night, a rotisserie chicken for dinner, a pineapple, a canteloupe and some salsa.

Well, they didn't have any chicken which irritated me, but I got the 2000 shot containiners (no, we are not having 2000 Jell-o shots, but it is so much cheaper getting them in bulk), the fruit and salsa.

But this isn't about my shopping expreince. It is about that annoying lady that blocked the exit for 5 minutes while I was trying to leave.

Really, I don't know what takes so long. The exit routine hasn't changed at Sam's for years. You head towards the door and some overpaid associate looks at your receipt and pretends to make sure that everything in your cart is on your receipt before marking your receipt with a highlighter. It takes all of 2 seconds and you are on your way.

Unless you are the anoying Johnson County lady in front of me tonight.

As I approched the door, the overpaid associate had already drawn the highlighter streak on her receipt giving the annoying Johnson County lady permission to leave. But she didn't. She continued to fiddle with her purse, trying to stuff some "stuff" into it and then, after filing it full of "stuff" started digging for something - probably her keys. Why she didn't get the keys out before she stuffed "stuff" was in there defies logic.

So anyway, she finally finds whatever it is that she was looking for and proceeds forward. I then move my cart in position so the overpaid associate can pretend to assess my purchase.

Two seconds later I push my cart forward.

And run right into annoying Johnson County lady who was once again stopped in front of me

Evidently, she decided she needed her umbrella, which was under her purse.

I politely apologized for running into her and then muttered under my breath about how it really wasn't raining that hard and she wasn't going to melt because it wasn't raining that hard and she was wearing a coat and how I was getting annoyed by her being in my way.

But finally, she got the umbrella up and headed out into the parking lot.

Within 10 feet of the door, the wind inverted her umbrella renedering it useless.

I laughted all the way home.

Is that so wrong?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

oooooh, can we have pineapple on the pub crawl too?!!?! soaked in vodka, of course :)

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home