Thursday, February 08, 2007

I hate that I was right

Last September, I made a prediction. My gut instinct was right.

Today, I ran three miles today. It was the first time I ventured on the trails since Phoenix. It was a staggered run-walk because I thought, just maybe, the ice on the trails would have melted with the warm weather the other day.

But I was wrong.

The shaded portions of the trails still had ice on them from the ice storm 4 weeks ago so I had to walk them. It killed my momentum.

Even worse is that Josh and I are meeting at 5:30 am on Saturday morning to knock out a quick 16 and we are going to get stuck running on the sidewalks and streets b/c the stupid ice isn't going anywhere between now and then.

I don't mind running in the cold. I have the clothes to stay warm. And I love the looks I get as I pass people running in shorts in 20-degree weather.

I just hate it that I can't run my favorite routes because of the iced-over trails.

1 Comments:

Blogger Josh Dysart said...

Agreed ... and dude, I don't know about you, but i'm running in the street. that's just me though.

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home