Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The good, the better, and go figure

Some times, you just have those days...

The good is that they just opened a 24-hour fitness on 135th and Mur-len, 2 miles from work. This means I can once again workout over lunch. This served two purposes. One, I get to work out when the gym isn't crowded and two, if I work out over lunch, I won't have time to go out to lunch so I HAVE to bring my lunch to work or go hungry. And we all know I'm not willing to go hungry.

The bettter is that today was best day we have had in KC since before I went to Phoenix. It was sunny and in the low 50s. From the time I got back from lunch with Courtney (which also falls under "the better"), all I could think about was that I was going to run my 4 1/2 - 5 miles outside at Shawnee Mission Park. Driving over, I had the sun roof open and was soaking up the sun.

And now for the go figure. I get to the park and begin the process of changing into my running clothes in my car (I have gotten really good at this over the years). I proceed to put my running shirt on backwards (I didn't notice this until after I got gas later in the evening) and then, I get my running shoes out of the gym bag.

Not only did I have two right shoes in my bag, they were two different brands (one mizuno and one adidas). Now, I have from time to time grabbed two differently aged mizunos because these are the only shoe I have run in for the past 18 months and I have at least 4 pairs of the same shoe floating around the house. That is something I could understand.

But nope, not today. This morning, I grabbed two totally different brands of shoes.

All I could do is shake my head and laugh.

It was just one of those days.

1 Comments:

Blogger Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

That's when you experiment with barefoot running!

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home