Sunday, February 04, 2007

A tale of two treadmills

OK, it is well known that I don't like running on treadmills. No. I hate treadmills. There is nothing fun about running on treadmills. Running in place sucks.

But last Thursday, I didn't have much of a choice but to run on a treadmill b/c I didn't get out of work early enough to run outside. So, after a quick 1000 meter swim, I jumped on a treadmill for a quick 3 mile run.

Well, I wanted to run three miles.

The treadmill had a different opinion.

It died 15 seconds into the run.

So I switch treadmills. The new one didn't last much longer. I think it died after about a minute.

Instead of going for the treadmill trifecta, I called it a day.

And have been running outside since.

Why can't it warm up enough to, at least, clear the trails???

2 Comments:

Blogger Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

One of the treadmills at the gym at school would randomly stop. I usually take that as a sign from the universe that I get to stop :-) Good thing I am a slow poke or I could envision possible collisions with the console...

8:16 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

wow, i'm super impressed that you went running outside when the treadmills stopped. i probably would've just went home and watched tv.

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home