Wednesday, February 14, 2007

It's a conspiracy

"Lord! It's a miracle! Man up and vanished like a fart in the wind. Nothin' left but some damn rocks on the window sill and that cupcake on the wall. Let's ask her. Maybe she knows. What say there, fuzzy-britches. Feel like talkin'? Oh, guess not. Why should she be any different? This is a conspiracy. That's what this is. It's one big damn conspiracy. And everyone's in on it. Including her!" - Wadren Norton

Because Courtney banned me from bitching about the weather anymore, I will focus my frustration on this situation at work. Beacusethis morning, I felt a lot like Warden Norton from Shawshank Redemption.

You see, they have been out of hot chocolate at work for over a week now. And that's fine. I would mix in a cup of hot chocolate here and there in the morning to mix up my normal routine of hot tea in the morning. I don't drink coffee. I don't lke it. Others do and that's fine. But it's just not for me.

And with the ample supply of tea (and normally hot chocolate) I am never without a hot beverage on the typical cold, February morning.

Until today.

I get into work at 6:10 and head to the cafe, and guess what, no tea bags.

Crap.

I check for hot chocolate.

Nope. Still out.

So, because I needed a caffeine fix, I broke down and pulled $.60 out of my pocket and head to the soda machine for a Dr. Pepper. I put the money in the machine, push the button.

Nothing.

No Dr Pepper.

It's a conspiracy.

Against me.

And I don't think that's very nice.

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

HaHA, you said 'tea bags'.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home