Tuesday, October 31, 2006

My nephew - he's a fighter


I know I said everything was perfect in Kansas City this weekend. And really, in KC, it was.

But that isn't to say that everything was perfect elsewhere. My new nephew came into the world last Thursday. While there some minor complications, everything seemed to be clicking along just fine. Things appear to be getting better now. But starting Friday morning through the weekend, there were some tense moments.

Fortunately, I had multiple commitments that kept me busy all weekend. Even though I was out doing everything I did, I was always thinking of my new nephew, little sister and her husband. I was almost always close to my phone waiting on news, be it good or bad. I remember commenting to Courtney on the way home from the run Saturday morning that I was relieved that no voice mails or missed calls appeared on my phone. I was only away from the phone for ~2 hours, but those 2 hours would have been the time when my family would have tried to contact me with any bad news. But there were no voice mail or missed calls. This was a good thing. Later in the day, I talked to my mom and things were slowly getting better. And the news has, for the most part, always been good.

For now, my family it just thankful for those baby steps that my nephew is taking.

oh, and on a totally unrelated note (and probably slightly inappropriate in this post), I just gave some GU to some trick-or-treaters because I totally forgot to get candy and my porch light is always on and I wasn't planning on being home because I am off to do dinner with the emmy winner so I had no candy in the house. But really, GU is kind of like candy. Right?

1 Comments:

Blogger Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Hahahaha, Gu for trick or treaters? Oh my. Now, was your house TPed the next day for that?

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home