Thursday, October 26, 2006

The dog and I go for a run

It's been a crazy week. I have had to drive to Lawrence the past three days (and tomorrow, too) for this GPEN (globalization of pharmaceutical education network) conference my company is co-sponsoring. If you need to know anything about ways to solubilize drugs to increase permeability through the luminal wall of the small intestine by adding a phosphate to the carboxyl group on the 4' terminous of the phenol ring, let me know.

In all seriousness, my role in the pharmacology word is super narrow. This conference is geared towards graduate students to give them a broad overview of the different aspects of the drug development world. It is amazing how much goes into getting a compound to the market. Even more amazing is hearing about new technology being developed in the academic labs around the world. I really have learned a lot at this conference.

But because I have been driving to Lawrence, I have been struggling to get my workouts in AND my poor dog is stuck at home all alone all day. So to kill two birds with one stone, I took my dog for a run today.

We ran three miles.

We had fun.

Shiner peeed on a couple of bushes.

I didn't.

1 Comments:

Blogger Josh Dysart said...

I've been known to pee in the bushes too, from time to time. Granted, it was on the trail and 6 am...but there was still peeing involved.

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home