Monday, October 30, 2006

And I ran 8 miles on Saturday, too

It was a wonderful weekend in KC.

In fact, it was almost too perfect. It seems almost surreal

But what the heck, I am going to enjoy the ride while it lasts.

A lot of this is because I spent most of the weekend with the new girl. She was supposed to go to St Louis for the regional Emmy awards Saturday night - the news show she produces was nominated - but chose to stay in town. So we saw a lot of each other. From a nice, quiet night Friday to an 8-mile run on Saturday morning to hanging around the house Saturday after the run for Chipotle to open to a crazy Halloween pub craw Saturday night, we were together almost the entire weekend. Oh, and she did get a call around 11:15 from one of her co-workers letting her know that she won the emmy. So I am dating an Emmy winner. That is pretty sweet.

In fact, we are 3+ weeks into the relationship and the only obsticle we have had so far is that she doesn't like peperoni on her pizza and I do. While at one point in my life, this could have been a deal breaker, I have since learned that if you ask, they will only put peperoni on half the pizza.

What will they think of next?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! I JUST got it! I got it before I clicked to the comment from Courtney...but how out of the loop I am! WOW! How fun you guys!Hee Hee...New love makes me giggle. HAVE FUN! KG

6:17 AM  
Blogger Josh Dysart said...

Who doesn't like pepperoni on pizza? seroiusly? that's just ...weird.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

But pepperoni makes it so you have to mop up little puddles of grease! Ew. But to each his own...

12:17 PM  
Blogger a.maria said...

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!!!

you're dating THE EW.

her name is THE EW.

i am forever and ever amen calling her THE EW.

YES!!! i'm so excited.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

awwww....so cute. but you're lucky she's still with you, because if it were me, i'd say "You Eat Pepperoni?! Buh-bye now."

and EW is an awesome nickname for her. i like the sound of that.

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No...no...no...you don't get a 1/2 pepperoni pizza...you get it covered, make her pull all of her pepperoni off and give it to you and you then have double.....geesh.

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home