Sunday, May 06, 2007

Another day, another ride

Today I rode almost 20 miles.

It was a good ride.

Good weather.

Good route.

Good pace.

It will take me some time work my way back up to that 19-20 mph pace from last summers shorter rides. And I'm ok with that.

For now, I just want to get used to being in the saddle again. It's not so much how far or fast I go, but how long I keep my butt in the seat before it goes numb.

Today, I lasted just over an hour.

And yes, my last post was not to be taken literally. If there is any constant in life, it's that I'm not known for listening to the advice of anyone, from my parents to complete strangers.

I am stubborn.

I do things my way.

And my way is the right way.

Or at least I will challenge you to prove me wrong.

So there is no way I will be listening to some joker tell me about when I should and shouldn't ride my bike. If anything comes out of that conversation, it will be me setting out to prove him wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home