Tuesday, July 25, 2006

But it was only two miles...

or technically, 3250 yards - or something like that. We really don't know how far it was because no one knows how far it is around the buoys, but I was told one trip around was about 250 yards - so I really swam 1.8 miles. But they really don't know the actual distance as I have also heard one loop is 300 meters.

Regardless, I did 13 laps.

I think I am going to give myself a major WOOT for the effort.

And I don't ever give myself props.

OK, I lied. Every now and then I may give myself a public pat on the back. But, seriously, when I do that, it is almost always sarcastic.

But not today.

Swimming 2 miles AND getting out of the water feeling great. Swimming 3 or even 4 more laps to get up to the 2.4 necessary miles wouldn't have been a problem.

Again, WOOT.

I felt so good, I thought about going against the training schedule and doing a quick couple miles around the Shawnee Mission Park b/c I felt that solid.

(And no Kim, Koach Karl didn't schedule have a swim-bike brick on my schedule, but I am smart enough not to try and sneak one in under his nose).

Anyway, I get out the bike, and jump on. I take the first turn and almost wipe out.

What the heck?

Sure enough, the back tire is flat as a pancake.

Damnit.

It was totally a sign.

Some how, some way, I am convinced Koach Karl put a hole in my tire. I was trying to sneak a brick into my schedule when there wasn't one scheduled. And KK, or at least his spirit, was bound and determined to keep me from doing that brick.

It worked.

I get my back tire changed and decided to call it a day.

And I have to find out how KK got to my bike.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karma Kevin! It happened to me when I made fun of you for falling off your bike and then sure as snot I bit the dust on the Northland Delight. Man, I don't get put in your blog for, that Kim girl sure is a good biker, or she sure is a team player. I get put in cuz I try to sneak in workouts and then get caught! Hmmph...Great job on such a good swim. I love my swims. KG

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home