Monday, July 24, 2006

Another "Rest Day" Failure

So I failed to honor yet another rest day.

Crap.

But it is nothing new.

But I was doing really good “resting” yesterday morning, watching the British Open from the comforts of my ugly brown, but too comfortable to get rid of, recliner until my phone rang.

Evidently, a tennis match was in my future.

So I wound up playing a pretty intense (frustrating) tennis match that lasted almost 2 hours.

Now I have been able to win a lot of arguments based on subtle technicalities and skewed logic, but I still can’t come up with a way to convince anyone that this activity should be considered “rest”.

Suggestions?

Anyone?

And while you’re at it, I need a justification for kickball to be considered “rest” as well.

That’s right. I said KICKBALL.

I am now playing kickball on Sunday nights. Our first game was last night and I now am convinced that I wasted way too many years playing softball. Kickball is superior on so many levels. I may never swing at another softball the rest of my life.

You don’t believe me?

Seriously, the fact that I can get someone out by hurling a large rubber ball at them is reason enough that kickball is better than softball (no head shots, though – sigh).

So, in addition to tennis on my rest day, I played kickball – equating to a total of about three hours of high cardio activity.

But I did take a nap yesterday, so I technically rested.

hmmmm.


I wonder if that logic will fly?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home