Thursday, July 13, 2006

JUST LET ME SLEEP!!!!

Don’t know why.

Don’t care why.

I just wanted to sleep.

That was me about 12:15 this morning. I couldn’t fall asleep. And I tried everything. I tried laying on my side. I tried laying on my back. I tried laying on my stomach. I kicked the dog out of the bed so I could sprawl out. I covered myself with sheets. I laid on top of the sheets. I even propped my feet half way up the wall.

Nothing.

That has to be one of the most irritating things in the world.

Being too tired to fall asleep. It doesn’t make sense. If I am that tired. I should have been out the second my head hit the pillow.


Of course, I was also dehydrated. Starting at 6:00 last night I ran 3.5 miles and followed up immediately with 2.5 hours of pretty intense sand volleyball. It was hot and humid. I sweat a lot.

Anyone know if dehydration causes sleep deprivation?

And then, when I finally start dozing off.

BEEP BEEP BEEP.

My pager was going off. I was being offered a liver.

Crap. Where is my phone. Where is a pen and some paper so I can get the information. Crap, this pen doesn’t work. Let me find one that does.

The liver turned out to have a serious case of EtOH induced hepatitis and had little enzyme activity so I turned it down.

It’s now 1:00 AM and I am still trying to get to sleep.

ARRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

At some point, I finally fall asleep.

Got up at 4:15 this morning to get a quick 1.5 mile swim in before work.

But I did sleep a little.

It’s going to be a long day.

1 Comments:

Blogger a.maria said...

seriously, i'm gunna be honest here.

i'm really freakin' glad i'm not ironman training right now!!!!

kudos to you, dude. you're training seems to be going really well!

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home