Thursday, July 20, 2006

if you can't stand the heat...

I can't really explain it.

It doesn't make any sense.

Yesterday was the hottest day in KC in three years.

And I wanted to run in it. I wanted to run in the heat really bad.

It wasn't that I had to run (although I did have 3 miles of training to knock out), it was that I wanted to.

So I did. I started just after 6 PM and ran almost 4 miles. The heat was unbearable. It was awesome.

I didn't run fast. My first mile was 10:20, the middle two were in the 11:20 - 11:30 range and the last mile was closer to 12:00. Slow. I know. But that didn't matter because I was out there.

I was running.

And it felt great.

1 Comments:

Blogger Josh Dysart said...

I just mentioned something similar today. For some strange, unknown reason, it's oddly satisfying running in the heat. I can't explain it either.

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home